Nollywood filmmaker Kunle Afod has appealed for assistance for veteran actor Opebe, who is currently battling an undisclosed illness.
Afod made the appeal on Friday while visiting the actor at his residence in Ibadan.
Speaking in a video shared on his Instagram page, Afod said, “Our fans, we have come again this time around for one of our elders in the industry, Baba Opebe.
“He’s not feeling healthy. His health is diminishing, depreciating, I don’t know the English that I can use to describe his situation right now as you all can see him.
“Please if you know where we can take him to or any support you can give to him please let’s help him. Nigerians, we want your support, we want your help. Please come to his aid.”
When asked about the nature of his sickness, Opebe said, “I have been away from the screen because of my health. I have done a series of tests but nothing was found. They only told me that I’m short of blood and I was given four pints of blood.
“I have been on it since last year. We have been to different hospitals. I was not diagnosed with any illness but it’s now getting worse.”