The Presidency has denied an online story that the President’s son, Yusuf Buhari was flown out of the country early this morning following his severe head injury in a bike accident.
An online media outfit, TheCable, on Thursday reported that Buhari had been flown to Germany over head injury he sustained following a bike accident on Tuesday night.
However, Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity in a text message to NAN on Thursday in Abuja, said Buhari was still being treated at a private hospital in Abuja.
He said that Yusuf had the accident on Tuesday night around Gwarimpa area in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
Shehu said Buhari junior broke a limb and also sustained an injury on the head as a result of the incident.
“He has undergone surgery at a clinic in Abuja. He is in a stable condition.
“The President and his wife, Mrs Aisha Muhammadu Buhari are thankful to Nigerians for the good wishes and prayers for their son,” he said.