Access Holdings Plc’s Board of Directors announced on Monday the appointment of Bolaji Agbede as Acting Group CEO.
This news came after Herbert Wigwe, the firm’s former Group CEO, died in a helicopter crash on Friday.
Wigwe died alongside his wife, son, and a former chairman of the Nigeria Exchange Group, Abimbola Ogunbanjo, in a helicopter crash in California near the Nevada border, United States of America.
Wigwe was appointed Access Holdings GCEO on March 28, 2022.
Prior to her appointment, Agbede was the company’s most senior founding Executive Director in charge of Business Support.
Below are 10 things to know about her:
- Agbede holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Lagos in 1990.
- Agbede started her professional career in 1992 at Guaranty Trust Bank.
- She has served in various capacities within the Commercial Banking and Operations functions rising to the position of Manager in 2001.
- In 2002, she bagged a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Cranfield University UK.
- In 2003, She became the Chief Executive Officer of JKG Limited, a business consulting outfit.
- Agbede joined Access Bank in 2003 as an Assistant General.
- She has nearly three decades of professional experience cutting across banking and business consultancy services.
- She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management UK and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.
- Between 2010 and 2022, the acting GCEO was the Bank’s Head, Group Human Resources.
- In 2022, she was appointed the company’s founding Executive Director, Business Support.