The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) has halved Jose Mourinho’s four-match suspension following a successful appeal by his club, Fenerbahce.
The 62-year-old Portuguese manager also had his fine reduced from 1.6 million Turkish lira (£35,000) to 558,000 (£12,200).
Mourinho faced penalties for two disciplinary matters stemming from Monday’s goalless draw against local rivals Galatasaray.
The TFF cited “derogatory and offensive statements towards the Turkish referee” and accusations that Mourinho described Turkish football as being in “chaos and disorder,” with insults directed at both referees and the broader Turkish football community.
The heated fixture was officiated by Slovenian referee Slavko Vincic, following a request by both clubs for a foreign referee.
However, Mourinho’s post-match criticism targeted the Turkish fourth official, further escalating tensions.
Mourinho will miss Sunday’s league match against Antalyaspor, having already served one match of his suspension during a Turkish Cup game against Gaziantep FK.
Adding to the fallout, Mourinho filed a lawsuit on Friday against Galatasaray, demanding 1,907,000 Turkish lira (£41,000) after the club accused him of making racist statements.
Mourinho, who had said the Galatasaray bench had been “jumping like monkeys”, said their claims were “completely taken out of context”.
Mourinho’s Fenerbahce are second in Turkey’s Super Lig, six points behind fellow Istanbul side Galatasaray.