Fresh documents have been released by the National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, as he continues to dispute claims that the organisation is a fake federal agency.
Nwabueze shared the documents on LinkedIn on Sunday, saying they further demonstrate the office’s connection with the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
One of the documents was a July 19, 2010 letter purportedly issued by the OSGF and addressed to “Buchi George,” who was then identified as “Executive Director of The Hats Centre” in Owerri, Imo State.
The letter, referenced NIG@ 50/S. 7/C,3/45, was signed by Dominic Y.E. on behalf of the SGF and titled, “RE: ENDORSEMENT OF OUR PROJECT, MADE IN NAIJA, TO BE HELD IN IRELAND.”
It acknowledged a proposal dated July 16, 2010, seeking endorsement for a “Made in Naija” project planned for Ireland as part of Nigeria’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
“I am directed to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 16 July 2010 on the above subject and inform you that you should forward your proposal to the Nigerian High Commission in Ireland for possible consideration.
“Please accept the assurances of the warm regards of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”
Reacting to the document, Nwabueze wrote, “History and facts, from Made in naija since 15th June 2010 to made in nigeria project office that is since 16 years in same OSGF Office.
“How can you discover a 16 years programme in 2026, it’s means you have been blind, we are committed to the national development.”
However, PUNCH Online said it could not independently verify the authenticity of the letter.
Nwabueze also posted promotional graphics showing the office’s logo and outlining its activities, including efforts to promote local manufacturing and reduce Nigeria’s dependence on imported products.
The materials featured the slogans, “Localise national products, industrialise Nigeria,” and “Our products. Our pride. Our progress,” alongside calls to “Create,” “Boost local economy,” “Reduce import dependency,” and “Build a stronger Nigeria.”
Another graphic highlighted “Drive local production development under the Industrialize Nigeria” and “Locally made for global access.”
The latest development comes amid an ongoing dispute over the status of the office after the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission alleged that it was a fake federal agency.
The ICPC said its investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council led to the discovery of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office.
The commission alleged that the office had been allocated space within the OSGF premises without presidential approval and identified Nwabueze as its promoter.
Nwabueze has denied the allegations, maintaining that the organisation is a project office under the OSGF and has operated for 16 years.
In an earlier response to Sunday PUNCH, he said, “Made in Nigeria Special Project Office is a project office in the OSGF. We don’t know where fake agency comes from. A programme that has been in the SGF’s office since 16 July 2010 was just discovered yesterday (Friday). After 16 years; Nigeria is a funny country.”
He had previously shared an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, purportedly issued by the OSGF, confirming his appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.
Another document he released indicated that the office had applied to the OSGF in April 2025 for special project status.
The controversy intensified after the ICPC announced that President Bola Tinubu had ordered Nwabueze’s arrest over his alleged involvement in running and promoting the organisation.
